Raw Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream
BY Grace Wong
JUNE 16, 2020
- Young coconut flesh: 150 g
- Pumpkin flesh (from mini pumpkins): 50 g
- Raw hemp seeds: 2 tbs
- Agave syrup: 3 tbs
- Nutritional yeast: 2 tbs
- Vanilla bean: 1/4 of a pod
- Himalaya salt: A pinch to taste
- Mini pumpkins: 2
1. Cut open the top of the mini pumpkins. Scrape out the pulp and flesh to within about 1 cm of the rind.
2. In a double boiler, steam the mini pumpkin bowls and tops for 5 minutes and let sit covered for 5 minutes. Take them out to cool.
3. In a blender, blend all ingredients until smooth and silky.
4. Pour ice cream mixture into cooled pumpkin bowls; filling to the top.
5. Leaving the top open, freeze the ice cream bowls and the pumpkin hats separately in a freezer for 5 hours or overnight.
6. Take out ice cream bowls and hats from the freezer. Let sit for 20-30 minutes before serving.