Kumquat Ice Cream Bars
BY Grace Wong
JUNE 16, 2020
Makes 4 cups (22-30 bars depending on the size of the molds)
- 20 pieces kumquat (seeded)
- 150 g cashews (soaked)
- Coconut flesh from 1 young coconut, about 1 1/2 cup
- 1 cup filtered water (add more or less if needed)
- 15 g Irish moss （to soak in water)
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 1/4 cup cold pressed coconut oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
1. Put all ingredients into a blender and process until very smooth and creamy. Add more or less water to reach a consistency that is like mayonnaise, not too runny nor too thick.
2. Spoon mixture into molds and put into the freezer for about 4 to 5 hours or until set.
Optional: Dip ice cream bars into the homemade chocolate sauce or melted chocolate to coat. Serve fresh and chilled.