Vegan Pumpkin Sheese Cake
BY Grace Wong
JUNE 16, 2020
- Ground Flaxseed: 200 g
- Pistachio nuts (crushed): 50 g
- Cacao powder: 2 tbs
- Agave syrup: 2 tbs
- Coconut oil: 2 tbs
- Pumpkin (steamed): 400 g
- Young coconut meat: 300 g
- Agave syrup: 5 tbs (according to personal preference)
- Fresh Ginger (minced): 2 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon: 2 tsp
- Ground Nutmeg: 1 tsp
- Himalaya salt: 1 tsp
1. Line the bottom of an 8-inch springform round cake tin with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, combine all crust ingredients and mix well. Pour mixture into the cake tin covering the bottom completely. Press down with a spoon to help the crust mixture stick together. Put into the freezer to set.
3. In a blender, blend together all filling ingredients until very smooth. If needed, add some water (a little at a time) to help with the mixing.
4. Pour filling over the crust. Put into the freezer and freeze overnight to set.
5. For garnishing, put on top of the cake some black sesame crisps and sprinkle over some chia seeds. Let the cake sit at room temperature for about 20-30 minutes before serving.