Mytheast Welcomes the Ban on Eating of Wild Animals
In the past few months, different provincial and local governments in China have banned the eating of wild animals. These include:
- On May 01, 2020, Zhuhai has banned eating wild animals, including cats and dogs.
- On April 19, 2020, Xi'an has prohibited hunting and eating wild animals.
- On April 09, 2020, Guangzhou has banned eating wild animals in the name of medicinal. The wild animal eaters will be fined 20 times the value of the animal.
- On April 07, 2020, Qinghai has prohibited hunting and eating wild animals.
- On April 04, 2020, Hebei has prohibited eating wild animals.
- On April 03, 2020, Gansu has banned eating wild animals.
- On April 02, 2020, Jiangxi has banned trading and eating wild animals.
- On April 01, 2020, Shenzhen has passed a law to ban the consumption and production of dog and cat meat. The new law will come into force on May 01, 2020.
- On March 31, 2020, Guangdong has revised its local regulation on wildlife protection. The wild animal eaters will be fined 20 times the value of the animal. The new law will come into force on May 01, 2020.
Mytheast connects and shares the ideas of animal rights and veganism with many political and business leaders around the world. We support the ban on trading and eating of wild animals in East Asia and will continue to support these works. We are dedicated to promoting the green, vegan and cruelty-free economy and letting animals do not suffer anymore.
Also, we will produce a series of publications on veganism and animal rights. If you want to participate in producing the publications, you are welcome to join us.