The ban on trading and eating wildlife in East Asia
1 Signing = Mytheast spending HKD $1 on promoting the ban on trading and eating wildlife.
Get A Return: We prepare some free gifts for you. You can get it after signing:
- “The Definitive Guide to Coronavirus Prevention”
- Free Subscription to Good Animal-related News
- $2 Gift Card
Trading and eating wildlife is inhumane. It is potentially life threatening and contributes to the loss of endangered species. East Asia is believed to be major routes in the animal smuggling trade. These animals are frequently sold alive in local food markets throughout Asia.
Mytheast has been acknowledged by The Hong Kong Trade Development Council, a statutory body in the public service in Hong Kong. We are dedicated to promoting the ban on trading and eating wildlife, cat and dog meat in East Asia and elsewhere. We connect and share the ideas of animal rights and veganism with many political and business leaders around the world.
52,217 have signed. Let’s get to 100,000!
The Messages from other supporters
Wild animals should be left in the wild. They are not food! The wildlife trading market is cruel and inhumane. This is s disgusting practice that needs to be stopped right now!
Animals don't deserve to be treated this way. Wildlife doesn't belong anywhere but into the wild. Human doesn't have the right to consume other species. All wildlife markets should be closed now.
Once a species becomes extinct, we can never get it back. Our next generation will be the sufferer. I am signing because of myself, our earth as well as our children. I don't want to leave a bad future to them.
Also, we will produce a series of publications on veganism and animal rights. If you want to participate in producing the publications, you are welcome to share your messages, stories, ideas or articles.
In the past few months, different provincial and local governments in China have banned the eating of wild animals. These include:
- Zhuhai will implement a ban on eating wild animals, including a ban on eating cats and dogs. The new law will come into force on May 01, 2020.
- On April 19, 2020, Xi'an has prohibited hunting and eating wild animals.
- On April 09, 2020, Guangzhou has banned eating wild animals in the name of medicinal. The wild animal eaters will be fined 20 times the value of the animal.
- On April 07, 2020, Qinghai has prohibited hunting and eating wild animals.
- On April 04, 2020, Hebei has prohibited eating wild animals.
- On April 03, 2020, Gansu has banned eating wild animals.
- On April 02, 2020, Jiangxi has banned trading and eating wild animals.
- On April 01, 2020, Shenzhen has passed a law to ban the consumption and production of dog and cat meat. The new law will come into force on May 01, 2020.
- On March 31, 2020, Guangdong has revised its local regulation on wildlife protection. The wild animal eaters will be fined 20 times the value of the animal. The new law will come into force on May 01, 2020.